Upcoming Study Abroad Deadlines
UM-CGIS STUDY ABROAD DEADLINES FOR SPRING/SUMMER & FALL 2012
- · Spring/Summer Language Study and MGAP Summer/Fall/Academic Year applications are due on January 15.
- · To search for programs, visit M-Compass.
UM-Telluride Association’s Scholarship for 2012-13 Academic Year Study in South Africa – Apply by 5:00 PM on Jan. 20th
- · For details about this program, please visit the Telluride website
Upcoming Internship Abroad Deadlines
IAESTE Engineering & Science Internships (for undergraduate & graduate students)
- · Friday, January 6 deadline–Applications are now being accepted for IAESTE United States’ 2012 internship placement program. Each year, IAESTE United States connects students in technical fields of study to paid internship opportunities in over 40 countries on six continents. Internships are usually 8 to 12 weeks in length during the summer, but programs can be extended for up to 1 year.
- · To be eligible to apply for an IAESTE internship, students must be enrolled in a technical field of study (engineering, science, technology, mathematics, architecture, etc.) at a U.S. university, be between the ages of 19 and 30, have at least sophomore level standing, and be a member of IAESTE United States (students can join as part of the application process). Graduate students and non-US citizens are also eligible to apply.
- · Apply online: http://www.iaesteunitedstates.org/participant-program-overview.htm
- · For more information, contact the national IAESTE organization.
- · Interested applicants may also be interested in joining U-M’s IAESTE Local Chapter.
UM-Cultural Vistas INTERNSHIPS IN ARGENTINA, CHILE, and SPAIN
FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS: Cultural Vistas offers unpaid summer internships in Argentina, Chile, and Spain. Deadlines are in January.
- · Jan. 15: Cultural Vistas Argentina Internships
- · Jan. 15: Cultural Vistas Chile Internships
- · Jan. 15: Cultural Vistas Spain Internships
Do you speak GERMAN, but missed the deadline for the U-M Summer Internship in Germany program? It’s not too late. Contact Peggy Wunderwald-Jensen (email@example.com) in early-January if you’re still interested in applying.
- · For more info on Cultural Vistas, see: http://www.cdsintl.org/internshipsabroad/index.php
…and contact Peggy Wunderwald-Jensen, U-M’s Cultural Vistas representative, firstname.lastname@example.org.
U-M Summer Internships in INDIA (for continuing undergraduates): CSAS Summer in South Asia Program—Apply by January 30th, 2012
- · Monday, Jan. 30 is the initial application deadline. Funding is provided by U-M’s Center for South Asian Studies.
- · For full details and application, visit their website.
Two summer research opportunities in Germany (German not required)–apply by Jan. 31
- · RWTH Aachen UROP International – Research opportunities in science, engineering, and the social sciences
o Opportunities for undergraduate students; US and Canadian citizens only; program fee, but scholarships available
- · Deadline for both programs is January 31st.
AIESEC-UM INTERNSHIP & WORK ABROAD PROGRAMS (for both continuing and graduating students)
Deadline has not been announced, but typically falls in late January. Internships offered worldwide. Most are paid.
Ross School of Business CIBER International Internship Program – App due Feb 2nd
- · Internships will be offered in France (and French-speaking countries) as well as Turkey. Students from all schools and colleges are eligible to apply.
- · Feb. 2, 2012 is the application deadline.
- · For more information, please see the CIBER website.
- · For further information, contact Professor Rachael Criso at email@example.com
- · Note: You must be a returning UM student in Fall 2012 to apply.
BUNAC WORK ABROAD PROGRAMS (for both continuing and graduating students)
- · The BUNAC program offers work permits for Ireland, France, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and an Internship in Britain option. Some programs (Ireland & Canada) have a deadline based on student status, i.e. graduates in summer 2012 have only until the end of the year to participate. Eligibility for the Australia and New Zealand programs is based on age.
- · No fixed deadlines, but apply two months before your desired date of departure: BUNAC USA, http://www.bunac.org/USA/
- · There are also a few other placement programs. For an overview, see our website article on “Short Term Paid Work Abroad”,
- · There are many options for volunteering abroad, especially in Africa, Asia, Latin America and some other regions. In fact, there are so many we recommend asking us for advice! Deadlines typically are February-March.
See our “Quick Reference” list of the 60+ organizations that came to the International Opportunities Fair for more opportunities: